Friday, February 13, 2015

40th Wedding Anniversay

 
 My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary in November.  They decided to host a casual party at The Depot in Mitchell.  It was a wonderful evening.  They had a great turn out and my brother was even able to come home for the special event.  Will and I are so thankful to have parents that are both still married and truly love each other.  What an example they are to us and their grandchildren!  The picture above is the happy couple leaving the house for the party.  The "green car" as we call it has been around since before mom and dad were married.  It was actually my mom's car. Personally I despise it.  Not sure why, but I have always been embarrassed to be seen it??  They would pick me up from my friends house growing up and I would duck in the back seat the whole way home.  Anyway, they both think this car is part of the family and so we continue to store it and make jokes about who they will leave it to in the will etc. I think they know what will happen to the car if they leave it to me.   It was special that they were able to drive it to their anniversary celebration and it was a very special evening!

 This was the guest book table. Mom had tried her dress on for us earlier that day and still fit!  She looked beautiful in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment